We get it; going over your vacation plans can be intimidating (especially the price tag)! Luckily, there are quite a few ways to save money on your visit. Vacation should be stress-free, and we want to give you some tips on how to make it that way! Let’s get into our money-saving tips and tricks for your Smoky Mountain vacation.
- Not only does pigeonforge.com have awesome recommendations for what to do on your trip, they also have a page full of easy-to-use discounts for anything from hotel stays to activities! Click this link to check them out: https://www.pigeonforge.com/coupons-deals/
- Best Read Guide will be your best friend. You can find these books all over town and they’re packed with recommendations and coupons! To access coupons online click here: https://smokymountainscoupons.com
- Smoky Mountain Navigator! This website has coupon codes for hundreds of things to do in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg. It’ll come in handy on your trip! Visit the site by clicking here: https://www.smokymountainnavigator.com/coupons/
Free Things To Do
- Of course, visit the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Hike, explore, and take in the beauty of the Smokies for free! If you’d rather take a scenic drive, we recommend Foothills Parkway or Blue Ridge Parkway. Don’t miss out on the most visited national park in the United States!
- Take a walk around The Island in Pigeon Forge! Parking and entering are free of charge. Simply being at The Island is a blast. Enjoy the famous fountain show all day as the fountain syncs with music! For an added bonus, occasionally you can catch live music outside of Ole Smoky Moonshine!
- Visit the Gatlinburg Arts and Crafts Community! It is the largest independent organization of artisans in the United States. The diversity of crafts made by local artists are incredible. You could spend hours here enjoying Appalachian art!
- Grocery shop! Trying out new restaurants is such an exciting part of visiting another town. However, if you’re wanting to save some money, we recommend making a few meals at your hotel or cabin. Also, keeping snacks on hand is never a bad idea!
- Take the Trolley! Save on gas (and alleviate traffic) by taking the trolley around town. The main station is located at Patriot Park in Pigeon Forge. From there you can head all over town! There are lots of trolley stops in town, so you’ll always have a convenient pick-up.
- Talk to the locals! We’re always happy to point you in the direction of locally/ family-owned attractions and restaurants. Often, they are more affordable than the “main attractions” and you know you’re getting quality service!
We hope some of these tips help you plan your trip, make it stress free, and stick to your budget! Have a great time on your Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg vacation!